Wireless and Mobility – Immersive experiences on wireless are becoming the new normal
With users expecting an immersive experience coupled with Internet of Things (IoT) becoming the new normal, we are now more dependent on Wi-Fi than ever before.
We are seeing doctors who can practice surgeries with Virtual Reality technology. Students using Augmented Reality to live an experience by learning history and science while engineers can troubleshoot problems remotely from the manufacturing floor.
With the explosion of IoT, everything is connected wirelessly including lighting, heating, badging, security cameras. In hospitals, lifesaving medical equipment is connected, in retail robots are restocking shelves while manufacturing is connecting heavy machinery, in the corporation VIPs can enter a room and have a personalised experience. IoT is enabling the business and since machines are less tolerant of downtime than even humans, they must be always-on and always secure.
- Comprehensive security: Features that monitor the network and locate and mitigate security threats, giving you peace of mind
- Data-optimised intelligence: The intelligence and data gathered helps optimise your network and boost its efficiency
- Built for IoT: Through classification and segmentation, the technology keeps IoT devices separate from your enterprise network
- Reliability beyond the standard: Support for Wi-Fi 6 and new technologies allows for better experiences and fewer interruptions
With all this opportunity comes risk. Mobility and IoT will expand the attack surface since more these devices are unmanaged. As attackers innovate, you need to be one step ahead with a smarter more secure solution that have deep visibility into traffic patterns and the latest intelligence to protect and defend the business. Your wireless future begins now with a wireless network that is more than just access points and controllers. It is part of an end-to-end networking solution that connects all devices securely while providing high quality performance that adds more value to business.
Cisco Next Generation Wireless Stack
Cisco wireless solutions are resilient, have the integrated security you need, and employ adaptive and insightful intelligence providing useful insight into your network. With intent-based networking built on Cisco Digital Network Architecture, our wireless solutions go beyond the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) standard and are ready for the growing user expectations, IoT devices and next gen cloud-driven applications. With the ability to handle the increased mobile traffic as well as support IoT at Scale, Cisco’s first Wi-Fi 6 access points with superior RF innovations will expand wireless access with intelligence and provide a secure, reliable high-quality wireless experience for all networks.
With powerful, customisable solutions for companies of all sizes, the Cisco wireless portfolio helps you manage the growing number of connected wireless devices. From IoT to a growing inventory of applications, the Cisco wireless network provides an always-on, always-available solution with the following benefits:
- Detect encrypted threats with Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA)
- Multi-lingual access points that provide visibility and communications with not only Wi-Fi but Zigbee, BLE and Thread
- Cisco SD-Access provides automated end-to-end segmentation and groupbased policy that is used to separate user, device and application traffic without completely redesigning the network. The group-based policies are also automated so that organisations can make sure that the correct policies are set up for any user or device with any application across the network
- Trustworthy solutions allows for security to be implemented holistically. This solution allows for constant security enhacements of the network to protect against everevolvong cyber attacks
- Streaming telemetry and contextual data from every access point and controller on the network provides complete visibility
- Automatically detect and prioritise issues with complex event processing with a series of analytics engines to find anomalies instantly
- Correlated insights and contextual cognitive analytics accurately pinpoint root cause
- Guided remediation allows for single-click resolution, allowing automation to close the loop
Reliability beyond Wi-Fi 6:
- Custom RF ASIC provides Flexible Radio Assignment (FRA), CleanAir, Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) and DFS detection
- Deterministic capacity at scale with Wi-Fi 6. Wi-Fi 6 is the newest generation of Wi-Fi that adds both flexibility and scalability while allowing new and existing networks the ability to power next-generation applications
- Software updates with minimal disruption. Being always on allows for bug fixes, access point deployments at multiple sites, network upgrades and more to be handled without rebooting the controller or impacting network operations